Policies & Procedures
Students should arrive on time to class with proper dress and hair neatly pulled back. If you will be late or need to leave early, please call the studio in advance. Students who arrive too late and miss the necessary warm ups may be asked to observe class, as not to risk an injury. All levels are asked to stretch before and after class on their own.
Attendance is vital to the development of a dancer’s training. Roll will be taken at the beginning of each class. Those who have regular attendance are rewarded with the greatest improvement and possibly larger roles in performances. A decision will be made regarding participation in the winter and spring showcases if too many classes are missed.
If you must miss class please call the studio. If a student is injured or not contagiously ill they are strongly encouraged to watch classes especially during performance preparation. Missed classes may and should be made up in the trimester they are missed, in a similar class and/or at the discretion of the studio.
- Leotard, pink tights and pink ballet shoes
- Hair neatly pulled back away from the face in a bun
- Dance skirts or tutus if desired
Ballet (all levels) Women/Girls:
- Leotard (color assigned by level), pink tights, ballet shoes, pointe shoes (as required)
- Hair in a bun with ribbon (color assigned by level)
- Ballet skirts for pointe classes only
Ballet (all levels) Men/Boys:
- White t-shirt
- Black sweat pants, jazz pants, shorts or tights
- Black ballet shoes
Contemporary, Modern, Jazz & Lyrical:
- Black leotard
- Tight fitting black jazz pants or tights
- Black leather jazz shoes (no shoes needed for Modern)
- Hair pulled back away from face
- No baggy clothing or midriff baring attire will be allowed
Studio Rules and Regulations
- No street shoes, gum, food or drink allowed in studios. (Water is allowed in the studios.) Food and drink in designated areas only.
- No jewelry or valuables should be worn or brought to class.
- Students may not leave class without permission.
- All students should wear cover-up clothing when entering and leaving the building, especially during cold months.
All students are invited to participate in performances throughout the year, including Winter and Spring Performances. There are also additional performance opportunities throughout the season. Additional fees may apply.